We told my family today. I called the house, thinking they'd all be together for Sunday dinner, but Dad had left for Showlow for a scout thing and Mom was still at ward conferences.
Plan B. We called Dad on his drive up and said we had some good news to share. He was very thrilled and very happy for us. We chatted for a bit more then said our goodbyes.
Mom came later that night after Hyer FHE. I called asking about the microwave (ours broke last week and we need a new one!), then changed subjects asking about graduation in April and if she was planning on coming up that week. She said yes... Then I asked if she'd like to come up May 10th, too.
She said, "Why? What's May 10th?"
[long awkward pause]
Brock said, "It's our due date."
She was very excited and very surprised. She had no idea.
{Probably didn't help that I lied to her a few days before saying we were still trying}
I texted the rest of the siblings and notified them as well. Cheers all around. It was a very happy day :)
In other news, Jake and Chelsea are having a boy. We're very happy for them!!
Can't wait to see what Erin is having!
No comments:
Post a Comment